Copy Vehicle Warranties
This utility program copies warranty data from one vehicle to a specified range of vehicles.
Running the Utility
- Select System > Custom Utilities II > Vehicles > Copy Vehicle Warranties from the RTA main menu (SIVW).
- Read the message displayed and then choose Yes to continue.
- Enter the facility and number of the vehicle containing the warranty data to copy or press F1 to make the selection from a lookup list.
- Enter the starting and ending facility numbers to process or press F1 to make the selection from a lookup list.
- Enter the default in-service date or press F1 to select a date from the calendar. The in-service date is used as the starting point for warranties that are covered for a specific number of months/years. The date entered here is used only when the In service field in a vehicle record is blank (MVM); otherwise, the in-service date from the vehicle record is used.
- Select a radio button to indicate whether to overwrite any warranty information that may already exist for a vehicle with the new info or not.
- Select a radio button to indicate whether to start the warranty period at zero miles or at the beginning base miles specified in the vehicle master record.
- Select a radio button to indicate whether to copy warranty data by Vehicle number, VIN, or Class.
- Depending on the radio button selected in the previous step, enter the starting and ending vehicle numbers, VINs, or class codes to process.
- Select the Yes or No radio button to indicate whether to replace an existing warranty record; select Yes to replace the existing warranty; select No to keep the existing warranty.
- Select the Zero or Base radio button to indicate which mileage to start the warranty tracking from; select Zero to start the warranty from zero odometer; select Base to start the warranty from the vehicle's base odometer reading as specified in the Vehicle Master record (MMM).