Copy a User-Definable Field
The vehicle record contains 20 user-definable fields. The label descriptions and values in these 20 fields can be customized to meet your needs. The user-definable fields are located in the User-Definable Info sub-window in the vehicle record (MVM). This utility program copies a user-definable description and value to a new line. This is handy when you need to reorganize the user-definable fields. Use this utility to copy/move an existing field to a new field. Afterwards, the Set or Change a User-Definable Field utility (as described previously) can be used to redefine the original field.
Running the Utility
- Select System > Custom Utilities > Vehicle > Copy Description from the RTA main menu (SCVC).
- Read the message displayed and then choose Yes to continue.
- Enter a facility number or press F1 to select a facility from the lookup list.
- Enter the starting and ending vehicle numbers to process or press F1 to make the selection from the lookup list.
- Enter the line number of the field to copy. The fields in column 1 are numbered 1 – 10; the fields in column 2 are numbered 11 – 20.
- Enter the new line number (where the original field will be copied). Any existing description and value in the field indicated will be overwritten.