The File Generation/Creation program allows you to initialize any data file in the system. Initializing a file empties out any existing data and creates a brand new file with no data in it. In other words, it wipes out existing data so you can start "fresh." This can be a very handy utility in the right instances, but can be very dangerous if not used properly! Please use with EXTREME CAUTION!
To regenerate a data file, do the following:
- Select System > Utilities > System > File Generation/creation from the RTA main menu (STSF).
- Read the message displayed.
- Call RTA to obtain a special password.
- Answer many questions regarding the data you wish to delete (only because we care).
- Enter the password given.
- Select the file(s) you wish to regenerate and choose Regen file.
- Read the message displayed and choose Yes to confirm.