Labor Recap Report
The Labor Recap report summarizes and breaks down the mechanics' work day into four categories: direct time, indirect time, lunch breaks, and lost time. This report provides the total hours worked each day, how much time was spent in each of the categories, and the percentage of time spent on direct jobs (direct hours / (total hours-lunch break)). Lost time is time that is unaccounted. For example, if a mechanic clocks off a job at 10:00 a.m. but doesn't clock onto the next job until 10:02 a.m., two minutes will be categorized as lost time. Also, any time spent while in the Process a Work Order option will be categorized as lost time. To print the Labor Recap report, select the Labor Recap option (RSL) and fill in the prompts.
- Select the radio button to specify whether to send the output to a printer or a file.
- Select the radio button to specify whether to print data from all facilities or only from the current facility.
- Enter the starting mechanic number or press F1 to select a mechanic from the lookup list.
- Enter the ending mechanic number or press F1 to select a mechanic from the lookup list.
- Enter the starting date or press F1 to select a date from the calendar.
- Enter the ending date or press F1 to select a date from the calendar.
When the disk option is selected, a comma-delimited file lbrrecap.dat will be created.
The lbrrecap.dat file format is as follows: date, mechanic facility, mechanic number, mechanic abbreviation, start time, end time, total hours for the day, indirect hours worked, time spent for lunch, direct hours worked, lost time, and direct hours vs. total hours percentage. Grand totals are not included.