Deleting EFI Transactions
Numerous EFI transactions can accumulate in a short period of time. This is especially true if you have a large fleet with vehicles fueling up daily. It is not necessary to keep EFI transactions that have been successfully processed on file for long periods of time because the data is written to various fueling files in the RTA system. RTA recommends not keeping more than six months worth of EFI transactions on file. You will still be able to generate fuel history reports after EFI transactions have been deleted from the system.
TIP: It is a good idea to also delete the same range of data from your text fuel file, or move it to a separate location/subdirectory. This will prevent the data from accidentally getting loaded and processed again in EFI.
To delete EFI transactions, do the following:
- Select System > Purge > Delete Fuel Records > EFI transactions from the RTA main menu (SGFE).
- Enter password level 1.
- Read the message displayed and then choose Yes to continue.
- Enter a facility number or press F1 to select a facility from the lookup list.
- Select a radio button to delete transactions by Date or Vehicle number.
- Enter the starting and ending dates or press F1 to select the dates from a calendar.
- If you opted to delete transactions by vehicle (step 5), enter the starting and ending vehicle facility and number or press F1 to make the selection from a lookup list.
- Select a radio button to specify whether to delete Processed, Unprocessed, or All records. RTA recommends deleting only processed transactions. However, if you have reviewed the unprocessed transactions to verify they are no longer needed, they may be deleted from the system as well.
- Validate the specified data range(s) and then choose OK to start the deletion process.