Quick Repair Entry
Recording repetitive repairs
The purpose of this data entry method is to quickly record similar repairs that were done to a group of vehicles. Perhaps a mechanic performed a safety check on six vehicles, or replaced wiper blades on ten vehicles. Rather than individually creating work orders for each of these vehicles, entering them in a batch using the Quick Repair Entry screen will save time.
. To quick-post a repetitive repair, do the following:
- Select Wos > Quick Post PMs from the RTA main menu (WU).
- Enter the mechanic ID of the mechanic who peformed the PMs.
- Enter the date that the repairs were completed.
- Select all applicable repair codes from the drop-down menu options.
- Select whether to prompt for meter readings. If this is checked, you will be asked to enter the current odometer reading for each vehicle. If this is unchecked, the most recent odometer reading for the vehicle will be used and the user will not be prompted.
- In the VMRS Code field, enter the job code that identifies the repair performed.
- Enter the amount of labor hours to record for each vehicle.
- Check the box next to each vehicle that had the quick repair performed.
- Select a partkit if one applies to record the parts used to perform the repair.
Once the information is entered, you will need to POST the PM. This will create the work order, post the labor hours to the work order, post the assigned partkit items to the work order, and close the job.