Miscellaneous Work Orders
The Miscellaneous Work Order feature is intended for small repairs for which you don't need to create a work order nor see posting detail. It allows vehicle costs to be quickly recorded for history tracking purposes. When a transaction is posted, the vehicle cost record is updated (STVF) and a history transaction is written (RRV). Work order transactions are not created. Vehicle cost reports and history reports will include the data posted, but work order reports do not. Therefore, if the costs are billable to customers or departments, they should not be posted in miscellaneous work orders.
To enter a miscellaneous work order, do the following:
- Select WOs > Miscellaneous WOs from the RTA main menu (WM).
- You'll be given the option to print the posted entries. Choose No if a printout isn't needed. Choose Yes to print the entries. This is the only time a hard copy of the actual entries will be available.
- Enter a vehicle number or press F1 to select a vehicle from the lookup list.
- You'll be given the option to post part detail. Choose No to enter only the total part cost. Choose Yes to itemize the parts used, and you'll later be prompted to enter the part number and quantity. If a non-file part number is entered, you'll also be prompted to enter the part description and part cost.
- You'll be given the option to post labor detail. Choose No to enter only the total labor cost. Choose Yes to itemize the labor hours, and you'll later be prompted to enter the mechanic number and labor hours.
- Enter the VMRS code for the job or press F1 to select a VMRS code from the lookup list(s).
- Enter part information-this varies depending on the answer you chose in step 4.
- Enter labor information-this varies depending on the answer you chose in step 5. If a valid mechanic number is entered, the rate from the mechanic record is used as the default labor rate. If a non-file mechanic number is entered, the default labor rate comes from the rate set in the "Flat Labor Rate" switch (SSM, switch 4).
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 until all miscellaneous entries have been entered for the specified vehicle.
- Enter additional costs as needed. If you're tracking number of breakdowns, enter a VMRS code in the Road Call field if this repair is a result of a breakdown and 1 will be added to the breakdown counter.