This utility program merges two vehicle records into one, combining all cost and history records. This utility comes in handy when multiple vehicle records have been added for the same vehicle.
NOTE: RTA highly recommends printing the Vehicle History and Total Cost reports for each vehicle prior to merging the vehicles (RRV, RVV). After the merge has taken place, run the reports again for the newly merged vehicle. Compare the data and make any necessary adjustments.
Running the Utility
- Select System > Custom Utilities II > Vehicles > Merge Vehicle from the RTA main menu (SIVM).
- Read the message displayed and then choose Yes to continue.
- Enter the facility and number FROM which the data will be merged or press F1 to select the facility and vehicle from a lookup list. The data from this vehicle will be merged into the vehicle specified in the next step.
- Enter the facility and vehicle number TO which the data will be merged or press F1 to select the facility and vehicle from a lookup list. This vehicle will contain the data for both vehicles once the merge process has completed.
- Choose OK to start the merge process. A message will be displayed when the process has finished; choose OK.
- Repeat steps 3 – 5 to merge additional vehicles as needed.
- When all the vehicles have been merged, choose Cancel to exit the Merge Vehicle program.
- Delete the FROM vehicle(s) from the RTA system (MVM, MVD).