Set or Change a PM Record
This utility program sets or changes a PM record for a group of vehicles. This timesaving utility is extremely handy when you need to add a new PM service or when you need to make changes to an existing PM. You control the information to add or change and whether existing PM information will be skipped or updated. A few examples of uses for this utility include:
- Adding a new PM service
- Adding alternate meter intervals so you can track PMs by alternate meters in addition to the regular PM tracking methods
- Modifying or locking the intervals for an existing PM
- Disabling a PM service (If this is a seasonal PM, we recommend using the PM Sleep feature instead of disabling the PM.)
- Enabling a PM service
- You're implementing the use of part kits and want to update the PM part kit field
- You're implementing the use of template work orders and want to update the Template WO field
- You're implementing the use of the Auto-Create PM Work Order feature and want to update the Template WO field
For more information regarding vehicle PMs and PM features, refer to the "Preventive Maintenance."
Running the Utility
- Select System > Custom Utilities > PM > Set PM from the RTA main menu (SCPS).
- Read the message displayed and then choose OK to continue.
- Enter a facility number or press F1 to select a facility from the lookup list.
- Select a radio button indicating whether the PM record will be updated for a Vehicle range or for vehicles that belong in a specific Department or Class code. If the Vehicle radio button is selected, specify the starting and ending vehicle numbers to process. If the Department or Class radio button is selected, enter the vehicle class code or department number to process.
- Select or deselect the checkboxes as needed.
- Check Fields to Include: Most of the checkboxes in this section correspond to the fields in the PM Information section (middle section of the window). Select the checkboxes for PM fields you wish to update. For example, if the PM nest checkbox is selected, the Include PM field will be accessible for changes or additions; if the box is not selected, this field will be unavailable (dimmed). The Postings checkbox corresponds to the Last Done entry fields in the Intervals And History section (bottom section of the window).
- Check Intervals to Include: These checkboxes correspond to the Interval fields in the Intervals And History section.
Miscellaneous Options: These checkboxes determine what will happen in certain scenarios. Refer to the table shown.
Action Performed with Checkbox Selected
Action Performed with Checkbox Deselected
Create new PMs
Are you adding a PM or changing an existing PM record?
Creates a new PM if the PM code does not currently exist in the vehicle PM record.
New PM is not added to the vehicle record. Deselect this checkbox when you are making changes to existing PMs rather than setting up a new PM schedule.
Do you want to overwrite existing PM records or skip them?
If a matching PM code is found in the vehicle PM record, that PM record will be updated with the new PM information.
If a matching PM code is found in the vehicle PM record, that PM record will be left as is—no changes will be made.
Do you want to enable or disable the PM record?
If a matching PM code is found, it will be disabled and that PM will no longer be in use. The Update existing checkbox must be selected for this option to be available.
If a matching PM code is found, that PM record will be enabled and active.
Do you want to clear the PM history in the vehicle PM record? Doing so will affect next PM due projections.
Be careful when using this option! This will clear the information in the Last Done fields. This option only affects the PM information in the vehicle record; it does not change vehicle history or work order data. The Postings checkbox must be selected for this option to be available.
PM history in the vehicle record will be left as is.
Enter the PM information to add or change. The availability of the fields in the PM Information section will vary depending on the settings of the checkboxes marked in step 5.
Enter the PM intervals and/or PM history to add or change. To lock or unlock an interval, select/deselect the lock checkbox. The availability of the fields in the Intervals And History section will vary depending on the checkboxes marked in step 5. When setting alternate meter PM information, the alternate meter selected here must match the existing alternate meter in the vehicle record in order for the alternate meter additions or changes to be made. For example, if you selected LOADS as alternate meter 1 here, LOADS must already be set as alternate meter 1 in the vehicle record.
Review the settings and data entered and then choose OK to proceed.