Convert PMs to Gallons or Miles
This utility program changes the primary PM meter and converts PMs presently tracked by miles/kilometers/units to track by gallons and vice versa. The utility uses the vehicle's average miles per gallon in the conversion to calculate when the last PM was done. Before using this utility, make sure the Average M.P.G. field is set for all vehicles that will be processed. The Average M.P.G. field is located in the Fluids sub-window in the vehicle record (MVM). If it is not set, use the Set Average Miles Per Gallon utility to quickly set up the required data.
Running the Utility
- Select System > Custom Utilities > PMs > Set PMs to Miles from the RTA main menu (SCPM).
- Read the message displayed and then choose OK to continue.
- Enter a facility number or press F1 to select a facility from the lookup list.
- If you have previously used this utility, the PM list will display in the list box. You can add to this list or "start fresh" by choosing Clear the PM list.
- Select the Meter units or Gallons radio button. Selecting Meter units will cause the program to change the primary meter in the PM records from Gallons to Miles, Kilometers, or Units depending on the meter type of the vehicle. Selecting Gallons will cause the program to change the primary meter from Miles, Kilometers, or Units to Gallons.
- Select a radio button indicating whether the vehicle PMs will be processed by Vehicle range or Class code. If the Vehicle range radio button is selected, you'll be able to specify the starting and ending vehicle numbers. If the Class code radio button is selected, you'll be able to enter a specific class code. Only the vehicle(s) in the specified vehicle number range or class will be processed.
- Enter the PM code to convert.
- Enter the intervals for the gallons or meter units (e.g. 3000 miles or 5000 kilometers). Any existing intervals for this PM code will be updated to the new value specified.
- Enter the days intervals. Any existing intervals for this PM code will be updated to the new value.
- Choose Add to/update the PM list.
- Repeat steps 6 – 9 as needed.
- Verify the data entered and make any necessary modifications.
- Changing a PM on the list: To make changes/corrections to a PM in the list, simply repeat steps 6 – 9 for that PM code. The new data entered will replace the old data.
- Deleting a PM on the list: To delete a PM in the list, select the PM to delete and then choose Delete this PM from list.
- Deleting all PMs on the list: To delete all the PMs on the list, choose Clear the PM list.
When the process is complete, a window will be displayed showing the number of PM records processed, skipped, updated, etc. An exception list will be printed indicating why records were skipped or not updated. Generally, records will be skipped because:
- The Average M.P.G. field in the vehicle record contains a 0.000 value (MVM).
- The primary meter for the PM record is not set as Gallons, Miles, Kilometers, or Units (depending on your selection in step 5).
- The primary meter for the PM record is already at the desired setting.