Set or Change a Part Warranty
This utility program creates or changes a part warranty record for a range of parts. A valid VMRS code must exist in each part record that will be processed (MPM). Warranty records will not be created for parts containing an invalid/non-file VMRS code or a VMRS code of 000-000-000.
Running the Utility
- Select System > Custom Utilities II > Parts > Set Warranty by Vendor from the RTA main menu (SIAW).
- Read the message displayed and then choose Yes to continue.
- Enter the starting and ending facility to process or press F1 to make the selection from a lookup list.
- Enter the starting and ending part number to process or press F1 to make the selection from a lookup list.
- Enter the primary vendor number to process, press F1 to select a vendor from the lookup list, or press ENTER to process all vendors.
- Enter a fit code to exclude from the process or press ENTER to process all fit codes.
- Select the Yes or No radio button to indicate whether to include non-stocked parts in the process.
- Select the Yes or No radio button to indicate whether to overwrite existing warranty records. Select No to keep original warranty values. Select Yes to overwrite the existing miles and months values with the new values (next step); doing so does not overwrite existing failure statistics.
- Enter the number of miles and months for the warranty coverage.
- Choose OK to start the process.
- Choose Yes or No to run the utility program again.