Copy Parts to a New Facility
This utility program copies part records from one facility to another. You'll have the options of copying the part price, quantity on hand, warranty tracking data, and part vendors. You'll also have the option of including or excluding part kits. If the part number already exists in the "copy to" facility, that part is skipped (a report is provided afterwards to show this information).
Running the Utility
- Select System > Custom Utilities > Parts > Copy to New Facility from the RTA main menu (SCAC).
- Read the message displayed and then choose Yes to continue.
- Enter the facility number where the part records to be copied are located or press F1 to select a facility from the lookup list.
- Enter the facility number where the parts will be copied or press F1 to select a facility from the lookup list.
- Select a radio button to indicate whether to copy all Parts in the specified range or only parts in the specified range AND in the specified Bin range.
- If you selected the Bin radio button in step 5, enter the starting and ending bin location(s) to process.
- Enter the starting and ending part number or press F1 to make the selection from the lookup list. TIP: If you selected the Bin radio button, we recommend choosing First and Last as the part number range to ensure all parts in the specified bin locations are copied.
- Select or deselect the following checkboxes as needed.
- Copy part prices: Select this checkbox to copy part prices; leave blank to set the part price at $0.00 in the new facility.
- Copy on hand quantities: Select this checkbox to copy current inventory quantities; leave blank to set the inventories at 0.0 in the new facility.
- Copy part kits: Select this checkbox to copy part kit records. NOTE: Before doing this, be sure the parts contained in the part kits exist in the new facility. If a part contained in the part kit does not exist in the new facility, that part number will be dropped from the part kit.
- Copy warranty: Select this checkbox to copy part warranty information (months and mileage only). The component data (failure statistics) is not copied into the new facility.
- Copy vendors: Select this checkbox to copy part vendor number. Leave this checkbox blank to use a different vendor number; enter the primary vendor number in the Default vendor field.