Clear Parts Inventory Quantity
This utility program zeroes out the on-hand quantity for parts. This is great to use prior to taking physical inventory or doing cycle counts. Use this utility to zero out the inventory quantities for the parts you plan on counting. Then, after taking inventory, update the parts with actual counts, review the parts that still have a zero count, and determine whether or not to delete them from the system. If you decide to delete the parts with a zero count, the Delete Zero Quantity option will come in handy (SCAD).
Running the Utility
- Select System > Custom Utilities > Parts > Clear Inventory from the RTA main menu (SCAI).
- Read the message displayed and then choose Yes to continue.
- Enter a facility number or press F1 to select a facility from the lookup list.
- Select the Yes or No radio button to indicate whether or not part adjustment transactions will be written for all the changes made. Part adjustment records are great for audit-tracking purposes (RPP).
- Enter the starting and ending part number or press F1 to make the selection from the lookup list.
- Select the checkboxes to indicate which stocking areas you wish to zero out.