Accessing Motor Pool Reservations
It is sometimes necessary to modify or delete an existing reservation. For example, a customer may need to change the reservation dates, or perhaps the reservation is no longer needed and has been cancelled. The following sections explain the process of changing and deleting reservations.
There are two types of reservations: Open and Closed. Open reservations are reservations that are still on reserve or reservations that have already been checked out. Closed reservations are reservations that are complete and have already been checked in. Changes can be made to both open and closed reservations. Deletions, however, can only be made to open reservations that have not been checked out.
Changing an Open/Closed Reservation
To make changes to an open reservation, select the Reservations menu option (VTR).
- Enter the reservation number or select a reservation from the lookup list. A reservation lookup list is available by pressing F1.
- Edit the fields that need to be changed.
- Verify the data entered, Press the save icon to save the changes. Or press the exit icon and answer yes to save the changes.
Deleting a Reservation
Open reservations that have not been checked out are the only reservations that can be deleted. To delete an open reservation, select the Reservations menu option (VTR).
- Enter the reservation number or select a reservation from the F1 lookup list.
- Verify that the record displayed is the correct reservation to delete.
- Press the delete icon.
- Confirm the deletion.
Purging Multiple Transactions
Closed Motor Pool transactions can be deleted (SGM). Deleted motor pool records will no longer be available for transaction or billing reports (RMV, RMC, RMB). They also will no longer be available for individual viewing in the reservations screen (VTR).