The RTA system has the capability of generating fuel billing statements. This is a nice feature to use if you charge customers or departments for their fuel usage. Fuel billing statements can be printed by department, customer, or account number.
- Set the "Bill All Fuel Trans." switch (SSM, Fuel Parameters tab , switch 42) to YES to include non-company or outside fuel transactions on the fuel billing statement; set to NO to charge only for company fuel (fuel dispensed from your pumps).
- If you're using EFI, select the Create department billing checkbox located in the EFI Process Settings tab of the EFI load module (FFEM). Refer to the EFI User's Manual if necessary.
- If the Department Fuel Billing report will be used, set the department number in the vehicle record for all vehicles to be charged for fuel usage (MVM). If the department number isn't on file, it should be added to the RTA system because the department information is printed in the header of the statement (MDM).
- If the Customer Fuel Billing report will be used, set the customer number in the vehicle record for all vehicles to be charged for fuel usage (MVM). If the customer number isn't on file, it should be added to the RTA system because the customer information is printed in the header of the statement (MCM).
- If the Fuel Billing by Account report will be used, set the debit and credit account numbers in the vehicle record for all vehicles to be charged for fuel usage (MVM, User Definable tab-the first two fields in column 1). Field #1 is the debit account number and field #2 is the credit account number.
- Record fuel transactions. Refer to "Fuel Entry" for instructions.
- Generate fuel billing statements as needed.
Once the setup is complete, as fuel transactions are entered the RTA system determines whether or not the transactions are billable and creates fuel billing records accordingly.
Fuel Billing Statements
To print a fuel billing statement, do the following.
- Go to Reports > Fuel and then select one of the options: By Department, By Customer, By Account (RFD, RFC, RFA).
- Depending on which billing option was selected, enter either the starting and ending customer, department, or account numbers or press F1 to make the selection from a lookup list.
- Enter the starting and ending dates or press F1 to select the dates from the calendar.
- If printing the Fuel Billing by Account, indicate the number of copies to print.
- If printing the Fuel Billing by Department or Customer, select a radio button indicating if subtotals are to be grouped by vehicle number OR by department or customer number. When subtotaled by department or customer number, individual vehicle totals are excluded from the report.
- If the Vehicle radio button was selected in step 5, select the Include fuel type totals checkbox to include fuel type usage and totals for each department/customer; otherwise, leave the checkbox blank to only include fuel type totals at the end of the report.
- Select the Print Account Numbers checkbox if you wish to include the account numbers on the report.
- If printing the Fuel Billing by Customer, select the Include Vehicle Detail checkbox to print individual transactions to provide detail for each vehicle.