Configure an Alert
Each user that desires to receive alerts will need to configure their own alert types using the steps below.
Alert Setup Tab
- Start RTA and log in with your user account.
- Go to screen System > RTA Information > Dashboard > Alert Setup (SADA).
- Type a name for your new alert and click the ADD button. If a similar alert has been previously configured, say YES to use a template, otherwise say NO.
- Specify the facility or region you would like to use for data querying.
- From the list of available alerts on the left side of the screen, select each of the individual metrics that you would like to be alerted about and click the ADD button.
- An options window appears for the alert. The label text and colors can be customized.
- The most important setting is Data Trigger 1. The trigger point can be set to greater than or lower than a specific number that you specify.
- A Data Trigger 2 can be included if desired by checking it’s checkbox and setting the trigger parameters.
- Set a time in minutes to refresh the cache for this alert. The data totals for the metric will be refreshed at this interval.
- Set a reminder time in minutes for this alert. Once an alert triggers a single email is normally sent. If you check the reminder checkbox and specify a length of time, in minutes, subsequent email reminders will be sent at that interval until the condition causing the triggering of the alert returns to a normal range, or you manually mute followup reminders.
- Click the OK button.
- Repeat this process for each metric that you would like to be evaluated in your email alert notification.
Email Address Tab
- Click on the email address tab.
- Enter a subject that you would like to appear in the emails.
- Add at least one email address in the lower half of the screen. You may select an RTA user account from the list. If an email address exists for that user, it will be shown. You may skip the user account field and manually type recipient names and email addresses. Click the ADD button and repeat until all of the desired recipients are listed.
- Click the EXIT button on the toolbar to save the new alert and exit.