Managing and Assigning Work
Default View (Calendar View)
All time slots will show up on Management side.
List of the Scheduled Task Statuses:
- Available (Color Green) and Available (I) for the Internal use slots
- Pending Approval-Customer has requested a time but it has not been added to a WO (Color Red)
- Approved (Color Yellow)
- Unavailable (Default Resource Group Color)
- Scheduled - Assigned to a WO but not started (Color Orange)
- In Progress - Triggers as soon as the Work Order line status changes from "Open" to "Partial" (Color Orange)
- Completed - Job Done (Default Resource Group Color)
Alternate View (Grid List):
A list can be pulled based on all the different statuses.
From the Grid List you can pull a specific list of time slots based on:
- Starting: Date and Time
- Ending: Date and Time
- Resource Group (All or a specific group)
- Scheduled Task Status by using the following pull down status options:
- Pending Approval
- In Progress
Assigning Work to Work Orders
From the Management screen, you will do most of your service schedule adjustments and changes through Edit Service (right click on the Service slot you want to modify).
From this screen you can make various changes to the scheduled Service including:
- Decline Service can decline a pending service and changes the time slot back as Available.
- New/Assign Work Orders can move a pending job into a new work order or an existing one.
- Vehicle Specs can look up vehicle information from the Vehicle Master file (MVM).
- Vehicle History can review previous vehicle repair history by VMRS or by Date.
- Add Service Notes can be manually added and get linked to your Work Order Job line. (Service Notes are different from line notes).
- Email can manually email a message from this screen if SMTP is setup for email in RTA (See SMTP Settings in Manual).
Also from this screen you can:
- Change Start Time and Start Date: This can only be done before the job goes to an In Progress status when the work is officially started.
- Change End Time and End Date: This can only be done before a job is completed.
- Change the Resource Group assignment i.e. Bay, Mechanic, Location: This can only be done prior to assigning a WO. Once a Work Order is created this is locked out.
- Change the Contact Information: This can be done at anytime up to when the job is closed.
Adding New Job line
New Work Order:
Select the New/Assign WO button which brings up the Standard Work Order listing screen. This is the same screen you use to go out and see if there are any current open WO's for the vehicle in your Service Request. At this point, you have the option to create a new Work Order, or if there are existing Work Orders open, you can add to it as well.
Once you have a Work Order up for this vehicle, you can add a new job line, which will automatically pull the VMRS and Service Notes from the Schedule record into your new line record. Also, if the VMRS code is changed on the work order when a line is added, the Scheduler will be changed to update the schedule record to match the Work Order.
Existing Work Order:
You can Link the Service Schedule Record to the existing job line. Do this by using the "Serv Line" button in the Edit line. This will link the WO line to the Schedule record and update it if the VMRS code is different.
Once the Serv Line button is selected, the following prompt to link existing line to the Scheduler record will pop up.
Service Notes Button (Serv Notes)
Note: There is a SERV Notes button. These Service Notes get linked to your Work Order Job Line. In fact, you will notice an extra button in the Add/Edit Work Order Line Screen that says "Serv Notes". These are different from line notes.
The Service Notes are tied to and originate from the Scheduler Records, but can be updated and added to from either the Scheduler side or the Work Order side at any time. Also, they are internal notes and will not print out anywhere.
From there, the Work Order follows the same work flow as a standard work order.
The only additional activity that will happen behind the scenes, if you have the SMTP email turned on and a valid contact email attached from the Shop Scheduler, RTA will send follow-up emails, as mentioned earlier, to your customers which will keep them in the loop.