M5900 Program Generator and Flashing Cursor
Installed the Program Generator but when the program is launched the Cursor flashes.
- This indicates the Program Generator drivers are not fully installed.
- Unplug the M5900 from the USB cable
- Exit the Program Generator program.
- Open the Control Panel on the computer.
- Go to Device Manager.
- Look for “Ports” and verify that the M5900 is not there. If the M5900 is there, right click on it and uninstall it.
- Plug the M5900 into the USB cable.
- On the Device Manager select Ports (Com & LPT). You should see the M5900 with an exclamation mark on it.
- Double click on the M5900 and in the window that comes up, select the Driver tab.
- Select Update Driver then select “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Select Browse and point it to C:\Program Files(86)\AML\Program Generator\Drivers.
- Click Next.
- It will install the driver and take you back to the Device Manager. The exclamation mark will be gone, and it should display “M5900 Serial USB (COMx)
Exit the Device Manager.
- Launch the Program Generator. It should come up OK and the cursor is no longer flashing. You should also see the M5900 icon in the taskbar tray.
- Test the M5900 by selecting Tools/Utilities on the M5900, then select Non-Portable Mode.
- On the Computer, in the taskbar tray, click on the M5900 icon then select Non-Portable Mode.
- Bring up Notepad and scan a barcode with the M5900. It should scan it to Notepad (first time, you may have to scan the barcode a couple times before it appears on Notepad).
- If it scans the barcode number to Notepad, congratulations, it’s successfully working.