The user tries to print, but an error appears saying "The file PRV.INI could not be opened or doesn't exist."
Verify that the RPV.INI file exists, and is the only one that does exist.
- Check that the RPV.INI file exists in the “C:\Program Files (x86)\RPV” folder. If the file is missing you may need to re-install the RTA Workstation Files.
- If the RPV.INI file is in the directory, it could be a permission problem, check the permissions for the “C:\Program Files (x86)\RPV” folder. Change the permissions if necessary.
- Disable the Anti-Virus on the computer and retry printing.
- If that resolves the problem, ensure that RPV is excluded in your Anti-Virus software.
- If you still get this error message, search for the RPV.INI file on your C:\ drive. If any are found, other than in the “C:\Program Files (x86)\RPV” folder, delete them.
- If after doing the above and the problem still exists, with Windows Explorer, go to “C:\Program Data” and delete the RPV folder (Don’t worry about deleting it, next time you run the RPV Reports, it will recreate it).