Work Order Views
Several options are available for viewing work order data. To view the information available, bring up the desired work order and then select an option from the View menu or click on one of the corresponding icons in the toolbar.
View Vehicle, Customer, and Vendor
To view vehicle, customer, or vendor information, select the desired option from the View menu or click on the corresponding icon in the toolbar. All vehicle data is available for review but the customer and vendor data is abbreviated. To view the customer or vendor data in more detail, press CTRL+Q to bring up the Quick Help feature.
Work Order Master
The work order master contains information pertaining to the entire work order. To view this information, select View > View WO Master from the work order menu or click on the WO Master icon in the toolbar. Use extreme caution when making changes to any of the fields displayed on this screen!WO Creation Vehicle Meter Readings
Work Order Post Detail
The work order post detail displays transactions and costs posted to the work order. This is a handy feature to use when questions regarding the total work order cost arises. The post detail can be accessed from several places while in a work order, and depending on how the option is accessed, transactions may be viewed for a single work order line or the entire work order.
View Post Detail for All Jobs
This option displays transactions for an individual work order line but also gives you the option to view the next or previous work order line transactions and costs, the overall work order costs (all lines), lines notes, and master notes. This is the best option to use for viewing transactions posted to closed work order lines because it doesn't require you to reopen the line.
- Select View > View Work Order from the work order menu or click on the View WO icon in the toolbar.
- Accept the default work order and line number displayed or change the values as needed.
L = Labor
P = Parts
T = Tires or Tire Parts
OL = Outside Labor
OP = Outside Parts
OT = Outside Tires
WL = Warranty Labor
WP = Warranty Parts
WT = Warranty Tires
M = Miscellaneous
View Post Detail for a Single Job
This option works best for viewing transactions during the posting process (while jobs are still open). It displays transactions for a single work order line as well as the overall work order costs (all lines). This method is perfect when you get interrupted in the midst of posting transactions and need to see which transactions have already been posted.
- Highlight the work order line you wish to review.
- Select View > View Work Order from the work order menu or click on the View WO icon in the toolbar. The Posting Detail window is displayed.
NOTE: If the job is closed, you must reopen the work order line to view transactions using this method. If you don't have additional transactions to post, use the method previously described instead (View > View WO).
Line Totals and Work Order Totals
An overall work order total displays in the header of the main work order screen. To see a breakdown of the total costs, view the work order post details. The Line totals option, available when viewing post details for an individual work order line, breaks down and summarizes the cost of that line/job into several categories. WO totals, available in both of the work order post detail options shown above, breaks down and summarizes the cost of the entire work order.
Work Order History
When adding a job, the last three repairs of the same type are displayed (if "WO History Display" is set to YES or PROMPT, SSI, switch 2) but there may be times you want to check vehicle repair history in greater detail.
- Select View > View WO History from the work order menu or click on the WO History icon in the toolbar.
- Select a radio button to specify whether to sort the history by VMRS code or date.
- Depending on your selection, enter either a starting VMRS code or a starting date.
- Double-click on a line to view the work order post detail (optional). NOTE: Details are not available for miscellaneous work orders (indicated by work order number of 9999999) or work orders that have been purged from the system (SGWW).