Working on an Inspection
The mechanic/technician can work on an inspection from the Work Order screen (WW), Paperless Shop (WPL), or the Vehicles Inspection screen (WNV), or from the standalone inspection screen icon as described in the 'Workstation Installation' section of this document.
- Highlight the Work Order line hosting the inspection, then click the Inspection button to the right.
- The inspection window appears with section detail on the left side of the screen. Choosing a different section will highlight the first item in that section on the right side.
- Double-click an item on the right side of the screen to bring up the item details and any associated prompts.
- Check the boxes to indicate any defects.
- Click on the 'Notes' icon to add notes about the defect.
- Double-click to answer any available prompts. If the prompt is indicated as being required, the inspection cannot be completed until the prompt is answered.
- If there are multiple locations to be checked, click the 'Next Location' button. Another location will be added if it doesn't already exist. When you have reached the max locations, an "End of Locations" message will be displayed.